The Conference Venue
- Repeatedly named Canada's most research-intensive university.
- The university has 25,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students.
- The Department of Computing and Software has some 12 faculty members in Formal Methods.
- McMaster was the first university in Canada to offer an accredited degree in Software Engineering, that prepares software engineers to take responsibility for their products.
The new Centre for Learning and Discovery:
- 6 theatres (144-616 people), 6 classrooms (29-60)
- Atrium with floating board room
- All rooms with full AV equipment, wired and wireless internet
The City of Hamilton is the 9th largest city in Canada with a population of almost 500,000. Just 45 minutes from Toronto, Ontario, Hamilton is located in southern Ontario at the western corner of Lake Ontario, within a 500-mile radius of over 120 million people. Hamilton is strategically located between Toronto, Ontario and Buffalo, New York, on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW).
Hamilton offers many natural and man-made diversions for the leisure traveler. Known as the the City of Waterfalls, Hamilton contains more than 60 waterfalls. The beauty of the escarpment alone compels attention as it changes its expression to greet each successive season. Take time to visist one of Hamilton's nature attractions.